- Approx. 6 oz shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and cut
- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream, half and half or milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together shredded cheese, butter, flour, salt and red pepper flakes until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cream and process 10 to 20 seconds until a dough ball forms.
- Unroll a piece of parchment paper (big enough to fit a baking sheet) on a countertop and lightly dust with flour. Roll out dough to an 8-by-10-inch rectangle about ¼-inch thick.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, slice dough into thin strips about ¼-inch wide. Twist Straws by rotating dough ends in opposite directions. Dust off excess flour and carefully transfer dough, on parchment paper, to a baking sheet. Line another baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide strips between baking sheets, setting them about ¼-inch apart on the sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes until straws are slightly puffy and lightly golden on the ends. Transfer baking sheets to cooling racks to cool straws completely.
- Serve cheese straws at room temperature.
Adapted From GirlVersusDough
Wouldn’t your Jake’s Smoked Gouda Cheese go perfectly with this recipe? We think so too! We’re willing to bet these delicious gouda cheese straws would be a hit at any upcoming holiday party! Don’t forget to Visit Us for all of your Holiday Gouda Cheese Needs! Or stop by and see us, we’re located in Deansboro, NY!