Smoked Gouda Corn Chowder
If you’re a fan of Corn Chowder (who isn’t!) then you’ll love this homemade spin on it!
CORN CHOWDER INGREDIENTS
- 1⁄2cup butter
- 1cup flour
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, small dice
- 3 stalks of celery, small dice
- 2tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 3 bay leafs
- 1gallon whole milk
- 1⁄2lb frozen corn
- 1⁄2-1lb shredded gouda cheese
- 6 -8baby red potatoes, cubed
- salt and pepper
- Season corn with salt and roast corn in oven on sheet pan until slightly golden brown edges.
- In large soup pot, using medium heat, sauté onion and celery in butter until onions become tender and translucent.
- Add garlic and thyme.
- Add flour to make a thick paste (in pot roux).
- Cook roux for 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Add milk, and whisk together thoroughly to prevent lumps.
- Add bay leaves and roasted corn.
- Add cubed potatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Add shredded Gouda to finish the soup. Note the cheese will help to thicken the chowder—add ½ lb., then more to thicken to your preference.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Don’t forget to stop by and VISIT US!