Smoked Gouda Corn Chowder
If you’re a fan of Corn Chowder (who isn’t!) then you’ll love this homemade spin on it!
CORN CHOWDER INGREDIENTS
- Season corn with salt and roast corn in oven on sheet pan until slightly golden brown edges.
- In large soup pot, using medium heat, sauté onion and celery in butter until onions become tender and translucent.
- Add garlic and thyme.
- Add flour to make a thick paste (in pot roux).
- Cook roux for 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Add milk, and whisk together thoroughly to prevent lumps.
- Add bay leaves and roasted corn.
- Add cubed potatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Add shredded Gouda to finish the soup. Note the cheese will help to thicken the chowder—add ½ lb., then more to thicken to your preference.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Don’t forget to stop by and VISIT US!