Spinach, Green Onion, and Smoked Gouda Quiche
Now you might not love quiche but if you have landed here you must love gouda cheese!! Well you are in for a gouda treat if you can fester up the courage to try this amazing quiche! Dive in and embellish your taste buds in some gouda cheese glory! What a better way to wake up than with some gouda cheese, go for it. We assure you there will be nothing but satisfaction!
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 5.6 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated smoked Gouda cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of grated nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
Crust Preparation: Beat butter in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until the butter is light and fluffy. Combine Salt, Milk, and egg yolk in a bowl and stir with a whisk. Add the milk mixture with the butter a tablespoon at a time while beating after each scoop. Then add flour and beat until combined. Finally Press the mix into a 4 inch circle, cover with plastic wrap. Chill for an hour.
Crust Baking: Preheat oven to 350°. Take cover off and place the chilled dough on a lightly floured surface and roll it into a 10 inch circle. Fit the dough into a 9 inch pie plate. Freeze the dough for 15 minutes. Place the dough in oven for 25minutes at 350° until lightly browned. Pull the crust out and Cool.
- Oil and heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté for 5 minutes or until tender. Add spinach and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Whisk 1 cup of milk and remaining ingredients(gouda cheese!) in a bowl. Pour and Stir in spinach mixture.
- Pour Spinach and gouda chesee filling into crust. Bake for 35 minutes at 350° . Let sit and Cut into 10 wedges. Serves 10
-Joanne Weir Aug 2010
Photo by Two Peas