Tis the season, fresh farmers market goods are at your finger tips! Embellish yourself with local goods while you can. Nothing quite like CNY fresh farm goods! This weekend while you’re on the search for the perfect lunch or dinner try something healthy, like a delicious portabella and gouda cheese burger. This fits the bill for healthy and tasty just right! Portabella burgers are great with smoked, aged, or baby gouda cheese. To each their own we believe!
- 2 large portabella mushroom caps, cleaned and stem removed
- 3-4 slices gouda cheese (smoked, aged, or baby)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 slice tomato
- 2 bakery rolls lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons bermuda onions, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley or 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, sliced garlic clove and thyme in a zip lock bag.
- Add portabella mushroom caps. zip up and marinate for at least 30 to 45 minutes.
- In the meantime. combine the Garlic Mayo ingredients and allow to blend in the refrigerator.
- When mushroom caps are ready, heat a little olive oil in a skillet (maybe another tablespoon or so) and saute for about 5 minutes, stem side down.
- Try to include as much of the sliced garlic and thyme as possible in the skillet.
- Turn muschroom caps over and top with cheese.
- Cover skillet and cook for about another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted ( it will melt very fast, keep and eye on it).
- Alternatively, these are delicious on the grill as well!
- Serve with tomato on toasted rolls or French bread spread with garlic mayo.
- Really nice with some avocado on the side.
Recipe By : EdsGirlAngie at Food.com
Photo By : hlkljgk