- 8 slices thick wheat bread
- 8 Ounces Baby Gouda, Sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoons fresh-ground black pepper
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and heat an ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Melt the butter and combine with the two peppers in a small bowl. Next spread four slices of bread with a teaspoon of mustard and two ounces of sliced gouda cheese. Get a large ovenproof skillet and using a pastry brush, coat one side of the bread with the butter mixture. Place the butter side down in the hot skillet and cook until golden brown for about 2 minutes. Next brush the tops of the sandwiches with the butter mixture and turn the sandwiches over; cook for 2 more minutes. The final step is to place the sandwiches in the skillet and place it in the oven. Bake until the cheese is completely melted which is around 5 minutes. Enjoy!